Protecting Your Car’s Finish All Year
Every vehicle has a finish over the paint as a protective layer. This finish helps prevent the paint from being damaged due to weather or other issues. There are number of ways to protect this finish coating from being damaged and leaving your paint vulnerable.
10 Ways To Protect Your Car’s Finish
- Keep it clean – washing your vehicle will prevent dirt from building up. Professional, hands-free washes are gentler than doing it yourself.
- Wax – using a wax after washing your vehicle helps add an extra protective layer over your sealant.
- Drying “hidden” areas – drying areas such as inside the doors and inside the trunk lid is important. Those areas also have finishes, and if they start to chip it, can quickly spread.
- Park in a garage – this helps keep your car out of the weather which could damage your finish.
- Winter paint sealant – if you live in a cold winter climate, using a paint sealant solution before winter comes can prevent the salt and other chemicals from eating at your finish (see number 1, above).
- Car covers – these help protect your vehicle from the weather.
- Park away from busy roads – parking where there is less traffic helps avoid rocks or other debris from hitting your car and chipping away at your finish.
- Don’t touch your car! – consciously pay attention to how often you touch your paint. This can cause tiny scratches from dirt particles. Make an effort to stop!
- Re-apply a clear coat – if you have a car that has some years on it, the finish may be worn out. Have a new one applied.
- Repair scratches or dents – these leave way for chipping which can progress rapidly. Make sure to repair damage immediately.
Is your finish or paint already less than perfect? Do you have scratches? Would you like to have it repaired and back to new condition? Give Collision Center of Andover a call today to restore your vehicles look to off-the-lot quality!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!