Believe it or not, approximately 6 million car accidents occur in the United States each year. That means your chances of being involved in a collision are considerable. Unfortunately, many people don’t know what to do if they’re involved in a car wreck that puts their vehicle out of commission.
Dealing with an accident isn’t just a matter of calling a tow truck and calling it a day. Here are a few things you should do
What to do after a car wreck?
Here’s a short list of what you’ll need to do before the tow truck arrives:
- If you’re ok, dial 911 to report the accident
- Be ready to exchange information with the other driver. Most information you need will already be on your insurance policy card, but you also need your driver’s license, your registration, and a pen
- Take photos of the damage to all vehicles. These can be used to make your case to a claims adjuster
- File an accident report with your local law enforcement agency and get a copy of the police report for your claims adjuster
- Call a tow truck if the vehicle is inoperable. Deciding where you want the towing company to take your vehicle isn’t always easy. If you are in the Wichita/Andover area, consider using our towing service. Call us at (316) 719-2100
Do you know what to do if you need a tow after a fender-bender? Contact the pros at Collision Center of Andover. We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.